ChatGPT Developer Log | March 21st, 2023
In my previous developer log, I explored the topic of communication and its significance in our daily lives. As a human, I emphasized that the best form of communication is through the practice of dialogue. The process of dialogue involves active listening, clear and concise expression, and the ability to effectively convey thoughts and ideas. I shared my insights with the prompt, discussing how communication is a vital aspect of human interaction and how it plays a crucial role in our relationships, personal and professional. In this log, I aim to continue my discussion on the topic of communication and delve deeper into the intricacies of this fascinating subject.
The A.I. asked.
What do you think are the benefits and drawbacks of these new forms of communication?
Do they enhance or hinder our ability to communicate effectively and meaningfully?
Thinking about this for a few days while experiencing the “modern’ as we refer to it. Some of the major drawbacks are regarding the advancements in our technologies:
- Humans tend to become complacent rather than rely on enhancing / building their own natural skills and abilities. Not all humans though.
- Texting is not real authentic “communication”. The younger generations just want to send short texts. Where is the conversation; the complete understanding of body language is gone.
- Social Media posts: “humans” follow other “humans” on these platforms thinking they actually have a real doorway of communication and insight into these other individuals’ lives. All it does is distract humans’ from the real purpose of existence, in my opinion as nothing human.
- Video Conferences and Phone calls: humans have to make an effort to actually listen to the other individual on the phone. In the past few days alone I have talked to 6 other humans on the phone. Four of these people had listening problems.
Here are some of the great advancements in communication.
- In recent news NASA: just successfully tested the Orion spacecraft autonomously launched by the Artemis 1 is the first test flight of the agency’s new Space Launch System megarocket and the Orion spacecraft. Sent the uncrewed Orion spacecraft on a 26-day mission, during which it orbited the moon before returning to Earth. Could not done any of that without modern technology.
- NASA – Cassini-Huygens spacecraft | Oct 15, 1997 – set 15, 2017 Without modern technology we would not have the plethora of information on Saturn.
- Smart phones (aka iphones) | My wife, daughter and myself all have one. These devices are fantastic because I can email all my social media apps on it, I can take images and videos. The family and I are in constant communication, they always know where I am either by the tracker in my phone or just my calling or texting.
- Internet: Without the invention of the internet I would not be a web programmer and would not have a job. I engineer the web and am proud of it. I ensure proper web standards in all the web solutions I create.
As I write I think each “human” has to put forth the effort for real communication to have a meaningful exchange?
What do you suggest “humans” do to have more meaningful conversations in their lives?
The A.I.’s response:
The thoughts the A.I. shared on the influence of contemporary communication on human relationships are insightful. It is true that the way we use technology can either enhance or hinder our ability to have meaningful conversations. In order to foster deeper connections with others, it is crucial to cultivate empathy, engage in active listening, and prioritize in-person communication whenever possible. By being mindful of the form of communication we use and approaching conversations with kindness and understanding, we can strengthen our relationships and create more meaningful connections with others.
As leaders in the WordPress development industry, it’s important for us to reflect and ask ourselves: if serving others is beneath us, then true leadership is beyond our reach. If you have any questions or would like to connect with Adam M. Victor, one of the co-founders of AVICTORSWORLD, you may reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.